Thứ Ba, 3 tháng 1, 2017

TeslaFi.com part 1

  • May 23, 2016
    Jdeck
    A few months back I started playing around with a tracking website for my new Model S and it's turned into quite a hobby for me. I would like to open the site up to other users but I need a few cars to test before opening it everyone. Unfortunately I don't have any friends that own a Model S. I've attached a few screen shots of the site, if anyone is interested in trying it out please email me at [email�protected]. I'm comfortable adding a few users to make sure it's scaling correctly. I currently have it coded for U.S. Model S cars only.

    The site is SSL encrypted and I do not save your tesla.com username or password, only the token provided by Tesla. The data logger is a python script storing data into a mysql database. The front end website is written in php. I'll have an option to export your mysql table at some point in the future but can do it manually at any time.

    There's a ton of tweaks still to do and a LOT of features that I want to add. It's also not going to win any design awards right now but it will get there. In the meantime, it's working very well and it's a lot of fun tracking the data and interpreting it into as many ways possible. If you're interested let me know.

    Some of the current features include- (See screenshots for more detail)

    Tracking of Drives, Charges, Sleeps and Idles.
    Tag address's with a name and icon.
    View your top destinations.
    View your top ten longest drives.
    Monthly calendar view of drives and charges.
    View all of your completed charges by percentage.
    View all of your charges at different locations.
    View all of your supercharges including total $ saved vs charging at home.
    Sleep mode option for the data logger to allow your car to sleep when not in use.
    Temperature efficiency view to see the Wh/Mile in different driving temperatures.
    View a history of software updates on your car.
    Hide certain drives from view.
    & more........


    -James

    Home.png
    Drive.png
    Month.png
    Destinations.png Longest Drives.png Completed Charges.png Charge Count At Location.png Supercharger Count.png Temperature Efficiency.png Software Updates.png
  • May 23, 2016
    kort677
    interesting, I've done a lot of long distance driving and I don't foresee any long trips coming up however I'd play along with it.
  • May 23, 2016
    bkp_duke
    Looks great, dropped you an email.
  • May 23, 2016
    woodturnerdude
    Looks interesting. I will be sending you a message.
  • May 23, 2016
    Jdeck
    Thanks for the emails. I've got enough testers for right now but will post back when I can take more.
  • May 23, 2016
    RamshakleZ
    Added this thread to my watch list. Please post back here once you open this up to more testers or for end users in general. :)
  • May 23, 2016
    X Fan
    X family members would enjoy this too......
  • May 24, 2016
    int32_t
    Looks promising! What (if any) are your plans to expand to non-Stateside users?
  • May 24, 2016
    Jdeck
    Thanks! Definitely will expand out once I get through some fixes and more beta testers.

    Opening it outside the U.S. is not hard. It's mostly just some if statements based on the cars gui settings from the api along with some interface tweaks on the front end to display the correct measurement formats.

    For now I don't want to bite of more than I can handle as far as catching bugs.

    Will post within a few days (hopefully) for some more testers. I still have a list of prior requests to get to as well. I also created a Twitter account under @teslafi where I post updates done to the site.

    Thanks
  • May 24, 2016
    Jdeck
    Sorry, missed this reply. I will for sure add X soon, just need a few lines of code to add it. Shoot me an email at [email�protected] and I'll send you a link as soon as I get through a couple changes.
  • May 25, 2016
    ElectricTundra
    Looks like a great app and far better than the spreadsheet I've used on a few trips. Looking forward to using it in the future.
  • Jun 22, 2016
    Jdeck
    Hello again. I have completed a huge list of changes thanks to everyone that has been helping me test the site over the last month.

    I can take on another 10 cars right now to test a few new scripts and the overall stability of the data logger. If anyone one else would like to try things out please email me at [email�protected] and I'll send you a link to signup. I have not added support for multiple cars on one account and accounts outside the U.S yet so please wait if these apply to you.

    Thanks to everyone that has helped me so far!
  • Jun 22, 2016
    ishop4more
    Sent you an email.
  • Jun 22, 2016
    beardboy69
    Just emailed you too, from the UK.
  • Jun 22, 2016
    ModelZ
    Email sent.
  • Jun 22, 2016
    VBXATL
    Just sent you an Email.
  • Jun 22, 2016
    rfmurphy81
    James,
    Your site is fantastic to use and I really appreciate the collaboration we've done over the last month QAing things. I'm very thankful for being involved.
  • Jun 23, 2016
    X Fan
    +1

    What a terrific program. Thanks James for allowing my X to participate. Really helpful, particularly for analyzing my longer trips.
  • Jun 24, 2016
    Jdeck
    Everything seems to be holding up well with the new users! A handful of tweaks here and there but everything seems good so far, and with positive feedback. Please continue emailing me at [email�protected] if you would like access.

    I still have not had time to get to accounts outside of the U.S. or multiple cars on the same account but will soon. I will start by tying to get to the accounts outside of the U.S. first and hopefully within the next few weeks.

    You can also follow my twitter account @teslafi for updates.
  • Jun 24, 2016
    musicious
    Have you compared against EVMote? Looks like yours might be better :)
  • Jun 25, 2016
    ModelZ
    EVMote is more of a remote control for the car (think phone app on the web). TeslaFi is more of a log of your trips.

    I know EVMote does the same thing, but I like the layout and feel of TeslaFi for tracking my driving instead.
  • Jun 25, 2016
    ZBB
    I just signed up to TeslaFi and really like it so far. Thanks!
  • Jun 25, 2016
    hiroshiy
    Hi, @Jdeck , thanks for a great software! I wanted to try but do you support metric units as well?
  • Jun 25, 2016
    ZBB
    @Jdeck -- I have one feature request to make (really more of a modification)�

    I noticed the temperature chart tops out a "Over 90F"� Can you add a couple more segments:
    - 90-100F
    - 100-110F
    - Over 110F

    Being from Phoenix, our temps routinely get over 90 for about half the year, so having more gradients on that chart would be great. I've also noticed that battery use due to cooling doesn't take a major hit until temps are over 110F -- and that chart could be a great way to visualize it.

    Thanks!
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Jdeck
    I am going to try to get to it this upcoming week. Once I've completed the changes I should be able to open the site up to everyone.
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Jdeck
    Thanks. I originally built that for Chicago. :). I've updated it for more segments. After looking at it again, I need to revisit the code and make some changes to the wh/mile calculations for the page. The efficiency should be correct but the wh/mile may be slightly off. I should be able to get that fixed tomorrow night.
  • Jun 25, 2016
    Jdeck
    Thanks. I do plan on adding control features in the near future as well. I'll probably start with some basic controls then get into scheduling after that.
  • Jul 6, 2016
    brantse
    James, I've been using Teslafi for about 2 weeks now and am very impressed. It aggregates a lot of data very seamlessly, making it very easy to do a "dashboard glance" at the vehicle's efficiency. There are probably still even some more features that I'm not yet aware of, but I'm very impressed with what I've seen/used.

    A few questions/comments. Please don't think I'm being critical...I'm just hoping this helps.
    • Although I have the temperature set to Fahrenheit, and it is indicated as F, it appears the temperature values are in C.
    • I haven't dug further into it to see if I can identify the source of error, but it appears that the daily average "Wh/Mile" values are lower than expected. I know that when I get home from my commute, the dash typically shows ~305 wh/m vs. ~250 shown on the calendar.
    • Likewise, when I view an individual day, it is showing a calculated efficiency >100% (looks like you have the numerator/denominator swapped)

    upload_2016-7-6_13-44-43.png
    upload_2016-7-6_13-48-48.png
  • Jul 6, 2016
    Jdeck
    Thanks.

    Here's some answers to your issues -

    1. You're right. It does appear that the calendar page is displaying Celsius. I'm in the middle of converting the site to allow for metric and must have messed up that page. I'll check it out tonight.
    2. I may have to tweak the formula's for the S60. I've verified wh/m with other cars but not verified with the s60 yet. TeslaFi will calibrate the wh/m for your once you do a charge of 90% or more. First try this but make sure it's a completed charge, i.e. set it to 90% and let it fully charge to 90% and stop on it's own. Also, if you could email me the wh/m for a drive or two as well as for an entire day it would be helpful. You can just grab a picture with your phone and email it to [email�protected].
    3. The efficiency is simply taking the miles driven / rated miles used so it can display over 100% on days or drives that you are driving better than the rated milage.

    Thanks,

    James

  • Jul 6, 2016
    ZBB
    @Jdeck -- I'm really liking Teslafi so far. Works great.

    One question / feature request. I've been a long time Visible Tesla user, and have data going back nearly 3 years. Would it be possible to import the VT log files into Teslafi so I can keep history in one place?

    I'm also a 60 owner, so if you need any other validation of info let me know. I noticed that Teslafi is showing a higher average Wh/mi on the calendar page for July than my trip meters show (I reset them each month...).
  • Jul 7, 2016
    Jdeck
    Thanks. Unfortunately I can't import anything since every data point would have to be tagged as a drive, charge, idle or sleep in order for the front end to correctly parse it.

    That would be great if you can email me any info directly from your car so I can compare. You can email me at [email�protected].

    Thanks
  • Jul 7, 2016
    ZBB
    I just sent you a pic of my dash from this morning -- hopefully it helps. I didn't mention in that email, but my commute to work is downhill -- about 1300 feet over 23 miles (so I get really good mileage!).

    Thanks for commenting on the history import� Would be nice if it was possible. Maybe there's a script that could be written to do the tagging -- comparing the current reading with the prior reading? Anyway -- no need to distract you from the great site you built.
  • Jul 7, 2016
    CHG-ON
    I'm a bit late to the game since my spam blocker tossed my first invite. Damn tech!

    I've been running it for about two weeks and I love it. Interface is easy to understand and I like the data it is capturing. I won't do a trip for a while. So all I am getting is my daily boring stuff. But I really like what I am getting at this point.

    Thanks for doing this.
  • Jul 8, 2016
    ModelZ
    I wonder if there is some way to get this data (and format) into a mobile app...

    Might be worth looking into...o_O
  • Jul 8, 2016
    Jdeck
    I'll look into it at some point down the road. I have a basic knowledge of iOS apps but have never attempted Android. In the meantime if you add the webpage to your home screen on iOS it will give you a nice little TeslaFi icon and shortcut. ;-)
  • Jul 8, 2016
    HankLloydRight
    Check out PhoneGap/Cordova -- allows you to develop mobile apps using Javascript, HTML and CSS, and deploy the same app on Android and iOS. Has worked really well for me. You can use most jquery libraries and tools, too.
  • Jul 8, 2016
    artsci
    I got access to TeslaFi this morning and logged several trips today. This app is phenomenal -- easy so use and presents data in highly digestible form. I'll be using it every day.

    Thanks James!!!
  • Jul 8, 2016
    RYCO
    I have an issue going on with my TeslaFi, love the program but a little issue maybe you can fix. I went from Mesa Az (@ 1700 ft elev) up to Payson Az (@ 3500 ft) and stopped to ouck up parts. Then up on top of the rim (@7000 ft) and kept going to a cabin in forest lakes (@ 6500 ft maybe) and charged for several hours while I was working on the cabin. Then headed back, again stopping in Payson on the way home. It logged the trip to Payson, then counted the trip to the cabin and charging and back again as a continual trip with out stopping. Didnt note that I charged. Just did a long 5 + hour drive, which its not even a 5 hous drive round trip. Then said I had a negative cost and my elevation change was only 1300 feet or something like that. Not sure how it came up with that data but didnt sound right. Make any sense to you.you have my email I think. I emailed you a week ago and couldnt get my account set up. Thanks.
  • Jul 8, 2016
    Jdeck
    If you click on the map for that drive you can see the individual data points collected on each line. From 11:59 AM to 4:05 PM you car was "offline" and not reporting any data to Tesla's servers. Tthe last data point collected before it went offline was while you were driving, and the first one at 4:06 you were driving again so the front end continued the original drive even though you obviously were not. Unfortunately since Tesla didn't get the data while your car was offline there's nothing I can do. You can click the little "hide" icon next to the drive and that drive will not show up anymore and will not be included in any day or month data totals as well. These hidden drives can also be unhidden from the "Hidden Drives" page.

    I do have this kind of situation on my todo list though. I'm planning on breaking things like this into two "events" if the offline time is beyond a certain time limit so at least the first part and ending part would show up correctly. Once I get a fix in place the existing data will show correctly since it's just an interpretation of the data by the front end. I've seen this before when driving through remote areas and parking in underground garages. The driving through remote areas isn't an issue since it's usually only a few minutes and the data starts coming in again. It's more of an issue if someone stops in an area with no cell coverage and stays for a while which extends that drive kind of like what your data shows.
  • Jul 9, 2016
    ZBB
    @Jdeck

    I think I found another metric/imperial bug in TeslaFi�

    On the Drive Details screen, the summary at the top includes the elevation change. I believe that's shown in meters. For the Thurs morning drive to my office (on Jul 7), it shows a drop of 319.8 feet. However, per veloroutes.org, my office is at 1259 feet, while my house is at 2312 feet -- so this should show a drop of about 1053 feet. And 319.8 meters = 1049.2 feet, so pretty close...
  • Jul 9, 2016
    RYCO
    Maybe that was my issue?
  • Jul 9, 2016
    whitecotton
    @Jdeck I sent you an email, maybe it's lost in junk. What are the possibilities of adding thermal data? Oh I also got back from my cross country roadtrip. So glad to have Tesla Fi, if added so much data to the journey!
  • Jul 10, 2016
    rog
    James, another observation: all my supercharger charging sessions show > 100% charging efficiency (the average efficiency for the most visited SC is 311%). While I'd love that to be true, I don't think it is :)
  • Jul 10, 2016
    hiroshiy
    You could try Xamarin if you are also familiar with C# development.
  • Jul 10, 2016
    Jdeck
    Thanks, I just added that to the bug tracker at My View - TeslaFi Bug Tracker. I started the metric conversions for other users and got side tracked with other users.
  • Jul 10, 2016
    Jdeck
    I've noticed this with most supercharges as well. I need to take a look at my calculations for supercharges. From what I've heard, supercharges bypass the onboard charger of the car so I can't use the same api data that shows energy coming into the charger for them. I've added this to the bug tracker as well. Thanks.
  • Jul 10, 2016
    Jdeck
    I'm pretty sure that drive issue pertains to my previous reply about missing data from you offline status. That issue is just a calculation to go from metric to imperial.
  • Jul 10, 2016
    Jdeck
    Sorry, I must of missed it during a group of invites. Thanks for signing up. I fixed quite a few bugs pertaining to your trip. I still have not gotten to a chademo bug I noticed.

    I don't believe I have access to any thermal data through the Tesla API. You can find a guide of the API here - Tesla Model S JSON API � Apiary and see what I have access to. I don't think it shows all fields but I'll update the "Raw Data" page soon to show all the data points I'm collecting and you can see if there's anything you would like me to show. I put a ticket in the bug tracker to update that page so you can follow it. 0000049: Update "Raw Data" Page To Show All API fields - TeslaFi Bug Tracker
  • Jul 10, 2016
    Jdeck
    Quick note that I'm heading out of town tomorrow morning for a week and probably won't be able to get to any more updates until next weekend. I'm glad everyone is enjoying things so far. The data logger seems to be extremely stable so now it's just a matter of getting the front end in good shape.

    Any bugs or feature requests can be posted at My View - TeslaFi Bug Tracker while I'm out and I can sort through them when I get back.

    Thanks,

    James
  • Jul 10, 2016
    BobinBoulder
    Any chance I could squeeze in to the beta test group? I've got a background in IT and would be happy to give you some feedback.

    B~
  • Jul 10, 2016
    Jdeck
    Yeah, I haven't closed off testing yet. You can email me at [email�protected] and I'll shoot you a link. If anyone has emailed me and hasn't heard back please email me again.
  • Jul 10, 2016
    RYCO
    Agreed, not the issue at the cabin but might be for the elevation change from here to Payson?
  • Jul 10, 2016
    whitecotton
    Awesome! Thanks for the great app, and I'm glad to be able to provide some good data back.
  • Jul 10, 2016
    Casavant
    Really like what you have done! Congrats. I just did a quick 15 min drive to see how the data comes into the UI... Very nice! I'll let you known but the interface if I see anything amiss... In the meantime, I'll be showing it off!
  • Jul 18, 2016
    Jdeck
    I've fixed some bugs over the last couple days and added more to the list. I needed a little break from bugs so I created the first few leaderboards for driving stats. Kind of fun. Users can opt-out in the settings page if you don't want your username visible.

    Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 8.32.17 PM.png

    I still have a lot of things to do (My View - TeslaFi Bug Tracker) but the data collection seems good enough to open it up to anyone who wants to start collecting data.

    There is now a link to register at TeslaFi.com Login.
  • Jul 18, 2016
    Casavant
    I recommend it to data and stats geeks... Cone, on.. You know you love it! Really good work here and others are amazed at what a connected car can provide. . Thanks for the your work on this!
  • Jul 18, 2016
    Jdeck
    This should be fixed now.
  • Jul 19, 2016
    brantse
    Leaderboards are always a lot of fun. Could I suggest adding average speed, just as an interesting data point? I think it will show who the really "cavalier" drivers are, if they are able to maintain high speed even when running low on range.

    ps - Whitecotton really does a lot of driving!
  • Jul 19, 2016
    kort677
    define high speeds, I've had the car well under 5% soc many times and driving at legal highway speeds I've never seen any sort of speed limitations. why would you "gun" the car if your battery is close to the bottom?
  • Jul 19, 2016
    whitecotton
    Thats awesome!!! Were you able to add any more car data?
  • Jul 19, 2016
    whitecotton
    I joined shortly before I drove from Houston to the factory! That definitely is not my normal driving habit! I look forward to more people overtaking me
  • Jul 19, 2016
    brantse
    I know that the only time that I got under 10 RM left on a long trip, I started reducing my speed a bit as I was approaching the supercharger. I probably spent 30 miles or so driving near or just under the speed limit vs. the 8+ that I normally drive. In the end, I made it to the charger with like 8 miles left, so wouldn't have had to reduce speed. I'm sure that many more experienced drivers would have felt more comfortable and not have reduced their speed as much.

    Obviously this data point is very geographically/road type dependent, but I still think it would be interesting.
  • Jul 19, 2016
    DrManhattan
    Excellent site I check my stats every few days. Noticed you added a leaderboard - would be cool to see stats for highest wh/mi as well! :)
  • Jul 19, 2016
    whitecotton
    I never slow down to the cars recommendations, especially after the trip, I find that information to be highly unreliable. At least it makes sure you will make it no matter what, which might be the original intent of the feature. Note I have always made it to my destination/ charger
  • Jul 19, 2016
    kort677
    you've been lucky, in places with severe upgrades (which should be baked into the routing) weather like snow, rain and headwinds (which are not baked into the nav calcs) those suggestions should be heeded.
    have any of you ever
    encountered unexpected detours? last winter a rock slide closed I-70 in CO for over a week necessitating a 230+ mile detour.
  • Jul 19, 2016
    FlyingJat
    Whats the security of using our Tesla login information. What is the exposure risk - if someone got the username and password, all they need is the app and a smart phone. Am I being too paranoid?
  • Jul 19, 2016
    Jdeck
    I don't store your Tesla.com username or password on my server. I only use the password and login to obtain a token from Tesla's server which is then used to obtain the data from their servers until it expires or you change your password on tesla.com. If you google oauth you can read a little more about the specifics. Hopefully that helps.
  • Jul 20, 2016
    zdre
    @Jdeck I have a 40kWh model, so can't possibly charge to 90% since my limit is 68%.
  • Jul 20, 2016
    Jdeck
    I added an option for the S40 on the site. I also sent you a message.
  • Jul 20, 2016
    whitecotton
    Wow no I haven't, plus all of my road trip driving has been in the heat (90+)
  • Jul 20, 2016
    FlyingJat
    Thank you - that is helpful. Sorry - only basic computer knowledge here. So the token is valid until if close the app/website, or until i change my password with Tesla?
  • Jul 20, 2016
    Jdeck
    Sorry, I forgot to include that tokens expire by themselves 90 days from creation. The tokens are store on TeslaFi.com indefinitely even though they expire after the 90 days and are no good. They are replaced when a new token is requested by the user.

    I just added a ticket on my bug tracker to add a button to remove a token at any time. I should have thought of that before.
  • Jul 22, 2016
    qqragoon
    Jdeck, By comparing the Wh/mile number between your calculation and Tesla's Trip Meter, yours are much higher than the number showed in Tesla screen. Which one is more accurate?
  • Jul 22, 2016
    Jdeck
    If you want to email me some comparisons I can take a look. [email�protected]
  • Jul 25, 2016
    hiroshiy
    Hi, @Jdeck , thanks for great software! I just started using it for two days and I love it.

    I have a few questions, as mine is Japanese and I have seen some strange data on TeslaFi. See attached pic:
    Screenshot_2016-07-25-21-20-13.jpg
    1. Rated range seems to be in miles, but it's a bit off. My current Rated is 260 according to TeslaFi, but mine actually is around 335km, which is approx 209 miles.
    2. The third entry is charging from 6% to 90%. It seems my Tesla wasted so much energy...
    3. Temperature is in F. I would like it in Celcius.

    If you need more data please let me know. Also I have turned on sleep mode, and my charging location does not have radio coverage :)
  • Jul 25, 2016
    Jdeck
    Hi. I have not completed the metric conversions yet. As far as the charge data, your car was offline (no internet connection) for 90% of the charge data collection. I did some work last night on data collected when the car if offline but unfortunately there's not much I can do with data like this since it's not there for me to access. The charging script I have can fill in a few blank data points here and there by copying empty data with the good data collected before, but when there simply is no data like yours I'll probably have to blank out the display of charging efficiency in these cases.
  • Jul 25, 2016
    hiroshiy
    What do you think re rated range? Somebody said something like with Japanese cars, ideal range is returned for rated, and typical range is returned for ideal. Typical is European and Japanese rated, but they are slightly higher Wh/km than US rated.
  • Jul 25, 2016
    Jdeck
    I'm not sure, I'll check it out when I get back into the metric conversions. Good to know though, it'll give me a place to start if that is correct.
  • Jul 27, 2016
    brantse
    I'm guessing this is some type of error?!? If not, I want to know what tesla1011's secret is.

    upload_2016-7-27_7-39-20.png
  • Jul 27, 2016
    Jdeck
    Updating the list now. There is a lot of bad data from yesterday. Teslas API went down multiple times so there are large gaps of data loss. I'll have to figure out how to handle it better eventually.
  • Jul 27, 2016
    Model S M.D.
    @Jdeck Sent you an email! Site looks great based on the images in your first post.
  • Jul 30, 2016
    hiroshiy
    Hi, @Jdeck , just wanted to give you a data point to fix rated range for Japanese cars. Right now my car is in sleep (turned on energy saving, and always connected OFF), and my rated range according to TeslaFi is:

    5:23 PM 6:41 PM 172.18 171.36
    # This is during idle. After 6:41pm, the car went to sleep.

    At 6:05pm my Tesla app:
    Point Blur_Jul302016_180527.jpg
    So I had 220km of rated range (in our car it is called as Typical Range).

    172 miles of rated range left according to TeslsFi is approx 275km, but it actually was 220km. Hope this helps.
  • Aug 1, 2016
    hiroshiy
    BTW I encountered this today.
    Screenshot_2016-08-01-22-37-30.jpg
    So I have 1 minute of charging for the duration of the time I left the car connected to the HPWC. Just thought I should report as I might be eating all the logs on your server...
  • Aug 1, 2016
    ZBB
    @Jdeck

    We're half way through a 4300 mile road trip... TeslaFi has been working great, but I have some observations to share.
    1) you've hinted that you need to improve how data drops are handled -- we dropped 3G service at least once each day of driving (we've mostly skipped interstates...). Let me know if you need actual routing to help understand the gaps better. In most cases, the mapping looks great. One day though, the total miles driven is quite a bit higher than actual (Mon Jul 18 -- we drove from Vegas through Death Valley and Yosemite to Groveland, CA.)
    2) I've noticed a few error lines showing up. On the charge total, I'm getting 2 errors rows that state: "Warning: Division by zero in /home/tesla/public_html/chargeCalc.php on line 333" -- both of those showed up after I did a couple CHAdeMO charges in Oregon. The CHAdeMO charges also show as 0% efficient...
    3) I've noticed a few other odd things -- but it looks like you may have fixedly them (one stop on the road for 5 min was showing as ~10 stops, but now shows as one.). Thanks!
    4) I found another bug on the temperature summary. We're currently in Canada, so flipping the car to metric for distance and temp may be part of this. But the temp summary is now showing all my drives between 10 and 50F (which would be accurate for C, but the data was in F...)
    5) I have one request on the rankings... Could you put a filter in by battery? Kind of hard for us 60s to win the longest leg races!
  • Aug 3, 2016
    Jdeck
    Thanks. That will help. I hope to get back to measurements tonight.
  • Aug 3, 2016
    Jdeck
    Interesting. Looks like it created some weird loop since your data connection was in and out. I'll take a look at it.
  • Aug 3, 2016
    Jdeck
    1. Yes, still need to work on handling offline data better. I will work on that after finishing up the metric conversions. I'll let you know if I need more data.
    2. Chademo is on my list as well. :) 0000037: Chademo adapter - charger kwh calculation does not work - TeslaFi Bug Tracker
    3. Not sure on this one. If you see it again take a screenshot if you can.
    4. In the middle of working on conversions and hope to finish or at least get more done on them tonight.
    5. Thats a good idea. I'll implement that at some point.
  • Aug 3, 2016
    DrManhattan
    Just wanted to say I love the site. I used it on a long road trip and check it every few days. My 60s is still holding strong in that last place spot for longest drive!
  • Aug 3, 2016
    ZBB
    Thanks!

    For #3, I can't get a screenshot, but this location is showing as 12 stops and the #3 destination on my top 10 list. But it was a single and very short stop this afternoon for road construction / flag man / pilot car due to a single lane... TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X Data Logger
  • Aug 7, 2016
    hybridbear
    I am very interested in being able to use this once my Model S arrives in a few days. I'll likely be taking a 5000+ mile road trip as soon as I get my car so this data would be great to have for the trip! E-mail sent now.
  • Aug 7, 2016
    HankLloydRight
    I just signed up, looks absolutely great. I have a long trip coming up, so I'm looking forward to see if it can do what my trip logger LogMySc.com can do (I'm sure it can, I just want to see how it does it). I built LogMySc really for my own use, and doesn't look anywhere near as nice as this does. I'm hoping I can just use this instead.

    Also, there's no P85+ in the Model selection dropdown. ;)
  • Aug 8, 2016
    HankLloydRight
    I don't know if you want these as bug reports or feature requests on the site or posting here is also ok?

    First of all, I am more and more impressed at what you've done here. Great job!

    I have two very small requests:
    1. Can we have the option to sort the drives/idles in chronological order instead of reverse-chronological? That seems more natural to me.
    2. We currently have the "efficiency" value as actual/rated miles, which is helpful. But I prefer to see the reciprocal of that as rated/actual, so when I'm looking at repeating a trip or leg that I've already done, I can get a good sense of how much of a buffer I need to supercharge (or charge) at each stop. If my rated/actual for a leg was 120%, the next time I'd use that as a base to figure my charging buffer based on temperature, speed, traffic, etc.

    And one technical suggestion --- I see you're passing in GET variables in plain-text like this:

    Code:
    ?sleeps=0&idles=0&drives=0&drives=1&charges=0&charges=1&day=2016-08-07
    I assume you're scrubbing these inputs so they can't be messed with (I haven't tried). I'd suggest encapsulating all these parameters into an array or list, then encrypting the resulting string and then passing that into each page and decrypting it on the other side. That prevents people from messing with the parameters or attempting SQL Injection attacks. Also, I see a couple of dups in there (drives=, charges=) so those might need to be consolidated to avoid ambiguity.

    Finally, I don't know what your plans are, but I definitely would pay a subscription fee for this.
  • Aug 8, 2016
    Jdeck
    Thanks. I'll add that.
  • Aug 8, 2016
    Jdeck
    Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it. Bug tracker is preferred so I'll remember things. If I'm currently working on things it can get lost in the shuffle on here. I'll add those two requests. Shouldn't be too hard.

    I definitely need to cleanup the code for the forms on multiple pages like that. I kept things visible so I could debug and haven't gotten around to changing them.

    Not sure what the plans are to be honest. I feel like I have a long way to go until I would feel comfortable accepting anything from the site.
  • Aug 8, 2016
    HankLloydRight
    You can also use PHP session variables. It's not too hard, I've used them before, but I really don't use them now. I like having all the parameters as GETs (encrypted) so they show up in the logs and I can debug things when people submit issues. But it does take a little bit more code to encrypt/decrypt each query string. Lots of different ways to do that.
  • Aug 8, 2016
    hiroshiy
    Thank you for adding "global" map. Now my pin is shown but it's a bit lonely.
  • Aug 8, 2016
    DrManhattan
    Does it not make the leaderboard if there is internet loss?

    I had a nice downhill drive yesterday!
  • Aug 8, 2016
    Jdeck
    Unfortunately for now the leaderboard filters out any drives containing more than 10 minutes of unknown status or offline status. It was picking up quite a few drives where cars had gone offline and charging had occurred during the offline period which boosted all the stats.

    I'll revisit this again once I work on handling the offline status better. I'll need a bunch of if statements to catch all the possibilities. I've never had to catch so many possibilities on a project before.
  • Aug 14, 2016
    Jdeck
    I think I've finished all the metric conversions. There is now a selection for miles/kilometers and fahrenheit/celsius in the settings page and during signup.
  • Aug 15, 2016
    ZBB
    There may still be a bug... For my car, it shows just over 50 miles driven at 0-10F... But that was a drive in BC where the temps dropped just below 10C.
  • Aug 15, 2016
    hiroshiy
    Thanks, great to see data in metric. In the Longest Drives screen, temp is still in Fahrenheit. Other than that looks good, except Japanese Rated range support I mentioned the other day.
  • Aug 15, 2016
    Jdeck
    It was actually some bad data from 8/4. The car was offline the whole time aside from a couple data points at the end so it registered a temperature avg of 0. I corrected the temperature page to ignore empty temperature averages.
  • Aug 15, 2016
    Jdeck
    Corrected. Thanks
  • Aug 15, 2016
    ZBB
    Thanks for checking... We drove from Spokane, WA to Yellowstone on 8/4. Had several data outages, especially towards the end of the day in Yellowstone...
  • Aug 18, 2016
    gmtom1
    Just wanted to say I just signed up and I'm thoroughly impressed. :);):cool: I currently have an S60, but will be picking up an X75D hopefully next month. I hope the X is or will be supported soon!

    I didn't go through the past 6 pages of posts, so apologies if this was mentioned earlier, but I would consider paying a small fee to compensate you for your efforts and support costs.
  • Aug 18, 2016
    HankLloydRight
    Same here. At least put up a Paypal Donate link!
  • Aug 19, 2016
    Jdeck
    I made some nice adjustments to location tagging over the past few nights. When you click on an untagged address it will allow you to tag an address and show you the radius of the tagging coordinates. It was also show you name suggestions of nearby businesses via the google places api.
  • Aug 19, 2016
    Jdeck
    Model X is already supported but unfortunately I haven't gotten around to supporting multiple cars on the same tesla.com account yet.
  • Aug 19, 2016
    HankLloydRight
    Here's one longer term suggestion (not a bug) which I'll also post to the bug tracker.

    When I'm taking longer road trips between two Superchargers, and say, stop at a rest stop along the way for a few minutes, that becomes two separate drives and one idle, which kind of clutters up the Drives listing. What I'd really like to see is a couple of options (or both):

    1. Have a "Minimum Idle Time" where if there is an idle of less than that value, just record it as idle time during the single drive, and subtract that idle from from the average MPH. You can add a column or value "Idle time during Drive" without creating two drives and an idle. So it stays as one drive with a little idle time added, also without creating another location to tag at some random highway address.

    2. (preferred option) Provide the option to merge adjacent Drives and Idles into one Drive. Like Option #1, take the idle time and subtract it out of drive time so the stats stay accurate. And then also allow the option to merge two adjacent Drives into one long drive. This way, each Drive actually has meaning (like between two superchargers or two destinations) without the "noise" of short idles that really don't add any more information. I also don't want to just "hide" the idles, as I want that idle time figured into the total driving time, but not the average MPH.

    Also, in both cases,the associated map would more accurately reflect the separate legs of the journey.

    I know I can hide idles and just look at drives, but still many of my drives are broken up into multiple legs just because I stopped for even a minute to check email or answer a phone call.

    And thanks for a great app!
  • Aug 19, 2016
    HankLloydRight
    Just to add an example to my previous post, here's a recent shot of a leg of a longer trip. I'd like to merge all of this into one "Drive" with associated idle times and idle range losses (I don't know why I lost 11 miles of range in 23 minutes?). This was from the last Supercharger to my house. That's the info I really want to see. Thanks.

    upload_2016-8-19_10-25-59.png
  • Aug 19, 2016
    Jdeck
    Your second idea was what I had in mind to try to implement when I start to tackle the handling of trips that contain a lot off offline data. The logger would split the trips up but I will provide a way to merge them later.

    I'll check out that one idle. I tried to look at the data points of the idle but it appears I broke something last night and it's not displaying correctly.
  • Aug 19, 2016
    HankLloydRight
    I think I figured it out, just some bad data. It takes about 40 minutes to drive between those two points, so the new drive didn't get picked up until about 20 minutes into it, which created a very long idle and a shorter drive. I didn't think I spent 23 minutes at the rest stop, and that also explains why the energy use was so high.
  • Aug 23, 2016
    cjt3

    I took a trip this weekend and noticed the improvements to location tagging. Very nicely done! One other suggestion I would make would be to allow the user to change the center coordinates. If, for example, I park on one side of the store one time and the opposite side the second time, getting both locations in the radius winds up as a larger circle that encompasses other locations. If I could move the center to the middle of the store, then the circle can cover a smaller area overall.
  • Aug 24, 2016
    Jdeck
    Thanks. I do want to incorporate the ability to resize and move the circle directly in the map. I'm not very skilled in the google maps javascript api but I'm learning. Hopefully I'll be able to add it soon.
  • Aug 24, 2016
    BizJet
    Love this app -- look at it every day, and then some! Kudos to the author!

    I'm intrigued by the temperature/efficiency chart, and would love to see the same for average speed ranges. I'm trying to find the "sweet spot" for my car, and being able to see efficiency and/or wh/mi for average speed increments of 5 mph over time could really help.
  • Aug 25, 2016
    DrManhattan
    Mr deck: I just noticed my charging effiency at home 110 outlet is usually very low, around 40%. There is almost no reception there. Does that affect the readings? Should I ignore the efficiency numbers?
  • Aug 25, 2016
    Jdeck
    Good idea. I've added it to the feature requests in the bug tracker.
  • Aug 25, 2016
    Jdeck
    For now yes. In order to get the efficiency I add up all of the energy used records from the api and then compare them to the last energy added record from the API. If the reception is poor then it's missing some of the energy used records. I don't really see a way around this as of yet except for catching these cases and displaying "---" or "N/A" in the efficiency field when this occurs.
  • Aug 25, 2016
    attack7
    Just wanted to say thanks for providing the service, Jdeck -- really nice and some interesting info.
  • Aug 25, 2016
    CuriousG
    I just signed up yesterday and the website is down for me. Is this common?
  • Không có nhận xét nào:

    Đăng nhận xét